• Responsible for establishing the group’s strategic R&D roadmap and providing exemplary scientific input into the group’s (Shiok Meats and Gaia Foods) research and development programs in order to support the overall corporate strategy set by the Board.
• To maintain the highest quality of scientific foundations of the group’s cultivated seafood and meat development process.
• Responsible for the composition, relationship development, and value-adding from the group’s Scientific Advisory Board.
• Communicate technology strategy to partners and investors.
• Operate cross-functionally and has a good grasp of concepts at the intersection of food science, biology, engineering, and commercialization to work closely with team leads from different departments.
• Plan, lead and execute the technology transfer from R&D to manufacturing and downstream processing.
• Monitor OKRs to assess technological performance.
• Lead and act as an exemplary role model to R&D team leads.
• To provide other members of the scientific teams with continuous technical input in the areas of business development, clinical development and commercialization, financial planning and execution, regulatory matters, manufacturing, and extramural funding processes and initiatives.
• Develop a strong pipeline of talent for current and future needs in the R&D team.
• Educate the key partners and public on Shiok Meats and the topic of cultivated seafood and meats.
• Control and application of the R&D department budget.
• Maintaining a thorough understanding of the competitor landscape and industry activities for benchmarking and opportunity tracking.
• Strongly motivated and believes in the mission to bring cultivated crustaceans and meats to market.
• Self-motivated, results-oriented, and able to multitask.
• Must be forward-thinking and be able to lead and contribute to technical discussions.
• Ability to build consensus and foster change in ambiguous settings.
• Strong decision-making and problem-solving skills.
• Ability to work independently as well as in a team.
• Strong time-management and organizational skills.
• Demonstrate initiative and proactive approach.
• Have great attention to detail and the ability to keep detailed written records.
• Proficient both in oral and written communication (English).
The position is full-time and the candidate will be compensated similar to industry standards.
To apply, please send a cover letter, 2-page CV and expected salary (all combined into one 1 pdf file).
Due to a high volume of incoming applications, we will not be able to respond to all applicants. Only shortlisted applicants will be notified for interviews. Also, we will not entertain applications received via LinkedIn or other platforms.