Shiok Meats is hiring for a Junior Process Engineer (Technology Transfer) who will carry out mini- R&D plant activities, troubleshoot process-related issues and support tech transfer from R&D scale to mid-scale bioreactor systems. This position will be responsible for execution of day-to-day bioproduction tasks such as cell culture, bioreactor runs and data analysis to evaluate process parameters.
• Execute basic plant operations and specific activities as required during production runs
• Carry out plant setup activities (incl. cleaning, configuration and equipment dismantling) along with basic troubleshooting for plant issues
• Monitor and analyse processing parameters for atypical trends and initiate resolution of issues related to daily operations
• Actively support transfer of new processes, commissioning/validation of equipment, basic housekeeping and audits
• Key role in operation of mid-scale bioreactor systems for suspension/adherent cell culture at technology transfer facility
• Responsible for completing tasks which may be preparation of equipment, cleaning, sterilization, preparation of solutions, monitoring, acquiring raw materials etc
• Be part of the scale up team by coordinating with process development and food technology team
• Support continuous process improvement
• Update SOPs and other manufacturing documents
• Follow health and safety procedures and implement paperwork as required
• Strongly motivated and believes in mission to bring crustacean meat to market
• Self-starter, energizing, results oriented, and able to multi-task
• Must be forward-thinking
• Ability to work independently as well as in a team
• Strong time-management and organizational skills
• Demonstrate initiative and pro-active approach
• Have great attention to detail and ability to keep detailed written records
The position is full-time and the candidate will be compensated similar to industry standards.
To apply, please upload a cover letter, 2-page CV and expected salary(all combined into 1 pdf file).
Due to a high volume of incoming applications, we will not be able to respond to all applicants. Only shortlisted applicants will be notified for interviews. Also, we will not entertain applications received via LinkedIn or other platforms.