• Assist Senior Food Technologist (downstream) in scale-up and downstream processing of harvesting seafood meats and liquid by-products.
• Apply knowledge of food technology by providing support and solutions for issues pertaining to processes and products (Quality, Product Development, and Operating Procedures).
• Develop novel crustacean products with various manufacturing technologies.
• Identify appropriate operating equipment and processing lines for downstream processes.
• Work closely with the bioprocess team to ensure a smooth handover of harvest material where appropriate and set up scale-up process by applying key knowledge in ingredient functionalities, formulas, and process of meats and by-products.
• Contribute to the setup of the downstream process for the pilot plant/manufacturing plant.
• Identify outside vendors and resources where appropriate and oversee external projects required to accomplish project goals.
• Study methods to improve the quality of foods, such as taste, smell, colour, texture, nutritional value, convenience, or physical, chemical, and microbiological composition of foods.
• Maintain all HACCP records to comply with state, local, and NSF codes.
• Enforce Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) and provide the required safety and GMP training in downstream processing.
• Contribute to regulatory submissions and inspections as appropriate as a subject matter expert representing the downstream process.
• Establish and enforce quality protocols to ensure food safety throughout the operation for downstream processing and scale-up.
• Strongly motivated and believes in the mission to bring crustacean meats to market.
• Self-starter, energizing, results-oriented, and able to multi-task.
• Must be forward-thinking.
• Able to design, organize, and coordinate scientific and/or engineering research projects.
• Able to draw conclusions and make recommendations based on research data and findings.
• Able to follow protocols, batch records and provide technical input.
• Ability to work independently as well as in a team.
• Strong time-management and organizational skills.
• Demonstrate initiative and proactive approach.
• Have great attention to detail and ability to keep detailed written records.
• Have strong communication skills including verbal and written (English).
The position is full-time and the candidate will be compensated similar to industry standards.
To apply, please upload a cover letter, 2-page CV and expected salary( all combined into 1 pdf file).
Due to a high volume of incoming applications, we will not be able to respond to all applicants. Only shortlisted applicants will be notified for interviews. Also, we will not entertain applications received via LinkedIn or other platforms.