• Derivation of ES and iPS cell lines from crustaceans, seafood and mammals.
• Formulate methods for in vitro fertilization in crustaceans, seafood and mammals.
• Differentiate crustacean/seafood/mammalian pluripotent stem cells into muscle stem cells, muscle fibers and adipocytes.
• Scouting of labs in Australia for set up of Satellite lab.
• Setting up of satellite lab for research in Australia.
• Procurement of equipment, consumables and reagents.
• Sourcing of farmers or research institutes for sources of embryonic or early developmental stages of crustaceans, seafood and mammals.
• Optimize molecular tools to characterize cell lines.
• Molecular biology – DNA, RNA, protein work, antibody staining, sequencing, species identification, quantitative PCR.
• Maintain cells in culture including routine media exchange, harvest, and sampling.
• Establish internal and external quality control tests and partners to align with regulations requirements.
• Identify and meet with external vendors and resources where appropriate and oversee external projects required to accomplish project goals.
• Rigorous documentation of experimental procedures and data.
• Communicate results and data in a timely and effective manner.
• Provide guidance to junior scientists or associates.
• Contribute to regulatory submissions and inspections as appropriate as a subject matter expert representing cell line development process.
• Training in Singapore for Crustacean cell isolations and culture.
• Strongly motivated and believes in mission to bring crustacean meat to market/
• Ability to think out of the box.
• Works well independently.
• Able to independently design, execute, and interpret laboratory experiments to answer specific scientific questions.
• Meticulous and familiar with aseptic techniques.
• Self-starter, energizing, results oriented, and able to multi-task.
• Must be forward-thinking and be able to lead and contribute to scientific/technical discussions.
• Able to independently learn, understand and execute novel/advanced scientific techniques.
• Strong time-management and organizational skills.
• Have great attention to detail and ability to keep detailed written records in a lab notebook or batch record.
• Have strong communication skills including verbal, written, and scientific data presentation to a variety of audiences.
• Interest to lead an expanding research team.
• Able to work collaboratively within and outside of the group.
The position is full-time and the candidate will be compensated similar to industry standards.
To apply, please upload a cover letter, 2-page CV and expected salary(all combined into 1 pdf file).
Due to a high volume of incoming applications, we will not be able to respond to all applicants. Only shortlisted applicants will be notified for interviews. Also, we will not entertain applications received via LinkedIn or other platforms.