• Derivation of ES and iPS cell lines from crustaceans.
• Formulate methods for In vitro fertilization in crustaceans.
• Differentiate crustacean pluripotent stem cells into muscle stem cells and fibers.
• Develop and optimize molecular tools to characterize cell lines with qPCR, antibody staining and other methods.
• Maintain cells in culture including routine media exchange, harvest, and sampling.
• Establish internal and external quality control tests and partners to align with regulations requirements.
• Identify and meet with external vendors and resources where appropriate and oversee external projects required to accomplish project goals.
• Rigorous documentation of experimental procedures and data.
• Communicate results and data in a timely and effective manner.
• Provide guidance and supervise junior scientists or associates.
• Contribute to regulatory submissions and inspections as appropriate as a subject matter expert representing cell line development process.
• Monitor and work with the stem cell team.
• Manage lab, equipment and ordering of consumables.
• This position would require you to travel to our Singapore headquarters for training.
• Strongly motivated and believes in mission to bring crustacean meat to market.
• Ability to think out of the box.
• Works well independently.
• Able to independently design, execute, and interpret laboratory experiments to answer specific scientific questions.
• Meticulous and familiar with aseptic techniques.
• Self-starter, energizing, results oriented, and able to multi-task.
• Must be forward-thinking and be able to lead and contribute to scientific/technical discussions.
• Able to independently learn, understand and execute novel/advanced scientific techniques.
• Strong time-management and organizational skills.
• Have great attention to detail and ability to keep detailed written records in a lab notebook or batch record.
• Have strong communication skills including verbal, written, and scientific data presentation to a variety of audiences.
• Interest to lead an expanding research team.
• Able to work collaboratively within and outside of the group.
The position is full-time and the candidate will be compensated similar to industry standards.
To apply, please upload a cover letter, 2-page CV and expected salary(all combined into 1 pdf file).
Due to a high volume of incoming applications, we will not be able to respond to all applicants. Only shortlisted applicants will be notified for interviews. Also, we will not entertain applications received via LinkedIn or other platforms.