• Lead scale up and downstream processing of harvesting seafood meats and liquid byproducts.
• Identify appropriate operating equipment and processing lines for downstream process.
• Work with team to set up scale-up process by applying key knowledge in ingredient functionalities, formulas, and process of meats and by-products.
• Contribute to the setup of downstream process for pilot plant/manufacturing plant.
• Identify outside vendors and resources where appropriate and oversee external projects required to accomplish project goals.
• Establish and enforce quality protocols to ensure food safety throughout the operation for downstream processing and scale-up.
• Maintain all HACCP records to comply with state, local, and NSF codes.
• Enforce Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) and provide required safety and GMP training in downstream processing.
• Contribute to regulatory submissions and inspections as appropriate as a subject matter expert representing downstream process.
• Rigorous documentation of experimental procedures and data.
• Setup SOPs for processes to ensure proper steps are adhered to and standardized.
• Work closely with bioprocess team to ensure smooth hand over of harvest where appropriate.
• Communicate results and data in a timely and effective manner.
• Provide guidance and supervise junior food technologists or interns.
• Manage food lab, equipment and ordering of consumables and reagents.
• Strongly motivated and believes in mission to bring crustacean meat to market.
• Ability to think out of the box.
• A passion to create new products that meet consumers’ needs.
• Works well independently and in a team.
• Self-starter, results oriented, and able to multi-task.
• Must be forward-thinking and be able to lead and contribute to scientific/technical discussions.
• Strong decision making and problem-solving skills.
• Able to independently learn, understand and execute novel/advanced techniques.
• Strong time-management and organizational skills.
• Have great attention to detail and ability to keep detailed written records in a lab notebook or batch record.
• Have strong communication skills including verbal, written, and scientific data presentation to a variety of audiences.
• Interest to lead an expanding team.
• Able to work collaboratively within and outside of the group.
The position is full-time and the candidate will be compensated similar to industry standards.
To apply, please upload a cover letter, 2-page CV and expected salary(all combined into 1 pdf file).
Due to a high volume of incoming applications, we will not be able to respond to all applicants. Only shortlisted applicants will be notified for interviews. Also, we will not entertain applications received via LinkedIn or other platforms.