Shiok Meats is seeking to hire a Research Engineer / Process Development Scientist, who will work closely with Bioprocess Engineers, to carry out small scale process development & optimization experiments, perform data analysis and assist with bioreactor scale-up for cultivated meats across a variety of species.
• Procurement, installation, operation and maintenance of laboratory equipment, especially for cell culture and bioreactor systems
• Key role in operation of laboratory scale bioreactor systems for suspension/adherent cell culture, bioreactor operation and small-scale experiments to support process setup.
• Experimental design for optimization upstream process parameters
• Assist Technology transfer of manufacturing process to mid-scale bioreactors
• Be part of the Process development team, by setting up process parameters and development pipelines for various species
• Ability to follow protocols and batch records and provide technical input
• Follow health and safety procedures and implement paperwork as required
• Strongly motivated and believes in mission to bring crustacean meat to market
• Self-starter, energizing, results oriented, and able to multi-task
• Must be forward-thinking
• Ability to work independently as well as in a team
• Strong time-management and organizational skills
• Demonstrate initiative and pro-active approach
• Have great attention to detail and ability to keep detailed written records
• Have strong communication skills including verbal and written (English)
• The position is full-time and the candidate will be compensated similar to industry standards.
To apply, please upload a cover letter, 2-page CV and expected salary(all combined into 1 pdf file).
Due to a high volume of incoming applications, we will not be able to respond to all applicants. Only shortlisted applicants will be notified for interviews. Also, we will not entertain applications received via LinkedIn or other platforms.